Over the centuries, Corfu has had a lot of history with pirate attacks. The old fort in Corfu Town has been a helpful defense for Corfu. Nowadays, we don’t get any pirate attacks however, there still is a pirate ship sailing around! The Black Rose is a boat that does tours around Corfu Town with a pirate theme.
During the summer season, they usually do 5 trips a day. They are about 70 minutes long and cost 10 euros per person. For children it is 5 euros.
The Black Rose Tour starts at the old port in Corfu Town.
You can buy a ticket online or buy one in person. If it is during peak season I would recommend buying a couple of days in advance because they sell out.
As you take off, there is a box of props for a pirate theme, so, for example, sword, bandana, eye patch etc. This is more for the children, but technically for anyone, so feel free to grab one!
- You start off going south so Vidos Island is on your left and Corfu Town on your right.
- You will be closer to Corfu Town this way
- Passing by the old fort you will be amazed by the beauty!
- Next is Garitsa, Anemomilo. A windmill that is a very picturesque scenery.
- Then you will pass by the Mon Repo, which is a big estate where the royal family used to live.
- After is Kanoni where you will see the airport and if you are lucky have a plane take off or land right over you!
- Then you will reach Vlacherna Monastery (the iconic monastery of Corfu) and Pontikonisi (mouse island)
- Then you will turn back however, on the way back when you pass by Vidos Island you will be closer to Vidos island this time.