Erimitis is a rugged and scenic area located on the northwestern coast of Corfu, Greece. The area is known for its beautiful coastline, sea caves, rock formations and best of all wild beaches. Here are some highlights of Erimitis:
- Beaches: Erimitis is home to several secluded willd beaches that can only be accessed by boat or on foot. These beaches offer crystal-clear waters, white sand, and stunning scenery.
- Sea caves: The rocky coastline of Erimitis is dotted with sea caves, some of which are large enough to explore by boat. These caves offer a unique perspective on the rugged beauty of the area.
- Walking trails: There are several walking trails that run through Erimitis, offering hikers the chance to explore the area’s natural beauty on foot. The trails vary in difficulty and length, and offer stunning views of the coast and surrounding countryside.
- Wildlife: Erimitis is home to a variety of plant and animal species, including several rare and endangered species. Visitors may have the chance to spot dolphins, monk seals, and sea turtles in the waters around the area.
- Ultra marathon-trail run: Erimitis, as mentioned before is filled with hiking trails that is also used for a race. This race is in march and includes a couple different lengths. 80km, 45km and 11km.
Overall, Erimitis is a great destination for those seeking a rugged and scenic natural environment. Whether you’re interested in exploring the coastline, hiking the trails, or simply relaxing on a secluded beach, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful corner of Corfu.
One of the more famous beaches here in Erimitis is Vromolimni Beach. In greek this means stink lake. Here is a video of vromolimni